Armeta Analytics is a Dallas-based, professional services firm that helps businesses capitalize on information to enable profitable decision-making. We specialize in using data analytics, reporting and systems development to enhance the effectiveness of marketing and sales. Our services ensure accessible, on-demand information that will create or sustain a company’s competitive advantage. Armeta’s unique culture provides for an exhilarating work environment.
This entry level SQL Developer (Consultant) will play a role in the development process for enterprise data warehouse, data management and reporting systems. Job tasks include data work, development of strategic roadmaps, and intellectual property tools. The role requires an understanding of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources.
A Day in the Life
In this role you will typically:
- Design, develop, and test ETL procedures
- Design and implement solutions necessary to consume the data warehouse data
- Perform detailed analysis of the data (via SQL) to confirm assumptions about the data
- Participate in design workshops
- Interpret business requirements and technical specification documents
- Create and maintain technical design documentation
- Perform quality coding to business and technical specifications
What sets you apart
- Understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- Understanding of Extract Transform Load (ETL) concepts and technologies
- Ability to comprehend and write SQL queries and stored procedures or learn them quickly
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SSIS
- Experience with cloud technologies and platform is a plus (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Snowflake, Databricks)
- Knowledge of formal database architecture and design
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Advanced knowledge and use of Excel
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline
- 0-3 years experience with SQL and/or cloud-based technologies
The ideal candidate would be described as follows.
- Self-motivated with a sharp customer focus
- Enthusiastic about learning large and complex systems
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required
Relocation reimbursement is not available for this position. Applicants must currently have Green Card or U.S. citizenship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. No Agency Applications – Individuals only can apply.